Laura Ricci, editor of the Journal of American Youth Circus, seeks submissions for the first edition of the Journal, to be published in January 2011. Submissions are due by November 15th.
The purpose of the Journal is to provide a well-rounded reflection of our diverse community and its vast breadth of knowledge and experience -- not only for AYCO members, but for anyone with an interest in youth circus in the United States.
We are looking for submissions in the following general categories:
- Reviews of Youth Circus shows
- Articles on Youth Circus programs
- Articles on Youth Circus performers or acts
- Articles intended to help develop circus teaching skills
- Articles intended to help develop organization management skills
- Editorial articles of interest to youth circus community (e.g. youth development, physiology, youth circus advocacy)
Please note that these are only general guidelines! If you have an idea for a piece that fits outside of, or in between, these categories, don't be shy -- we'd love to hear about it. Additionally, we welcome work from authors of all ages; any young artists in your program or troupe who have a perspective they'd like to share are encouraged to submit.
AYCO expects to pay a fee for published articles. The submission deadline is November 15th, 2010 for the January 15th, 2011 issue. If you have an idea you'd like to pitch, a piece to submit, or questions about the Journal or the submission process, please email Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org.